CAMANO ISLAND DENTAL
810 REKDAL RD
CAMANO ISLAND, WA 98282
PHONE: (360) 629-4097
FAX: (360) 629-3906
To the Patients of Camano Island Dental Center:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, its' both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
- You'll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. Those specific questions are:
* Do you currently have a fever or have you felt hot or feverish within the past 21 days?
* Are you having shortness of breath or other difficulties breathing?
* Do you have a cough?
* Do you have any other flu-like symptoms such as upset stomach, headache, or fatigue?
* Have you experienced any recent loss in taste or smell?
* Are you in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patients?
* Are you over the age of 60?
* Do you have any heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, diabetes, or auto-immune disorders?
* Have you traveled in the past 14 days to any regions affected by COVID -19 worse than this area?
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children's toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean you are offered few options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Please bring your own face covering and pen with you to your visit and leave the face covering in place when you enter our office.
- If available, please bring your cell phone with you to your appointment. When you have parked your vehicle, please call our office number to let us know you have arrived. When we are ready for you to enter the building we will call you on your phone and ask you to proceed inside the entrance, where the screening questions will be reviewed and your temperature will be checked before you are escorted to the treatment room. By following this new protocol we are aiming to minimize the number of people in direct contact with each other in the reception area as we move patients in and out of their appointments.
- We would appreciate it if you could let us know if you develop any of the symptoms mentioned in the screening questions within 14 days of your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 360-629-4097.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Camano Island Dental Center
PHONE: (360) 629-4097
FAX: (360) 629-3906